January 05, 2013

Welcome

Words have power just by reading them. This makes reading literature one of the most fulfilling uses of your time. Just reading brings fulfillment but looking for a deeper understanding brings satisfaction. Not only do I wish to read more I wish to respond. I want to get my thoughts in order and out into the world.

I don't read that much but I am getting better. I believe a blog will help. Blogging has done wonders for my creating at Dreaming of Fish. There is just something so motivating about having to show the world.

If you couldn't tell this blog has a secondary theme beyond literature, that is Star Wars. Within the last year I was at GoodWill, the only place I can afford books normally, and there was more books for Star Wars then I could imagine being in one place. There had to be 50 books. It was like a Star Wars fan died. I had wondered what the chances of the originals being there. Chances turned out to be pretty good because there it was with a few others near year 0. That day I walked home with the first three, The Lando Calrissian Adventures, and The Han Solo Trilogy. Han Solo, How could I say no? I loved them all.

The Star Wars series meet all my needs. It had war, it is from another world yet not so removed from mine, it has multiple; powerful themes, harsh romance; no fluff for me, and good humor. Even with multiple writers the standard remains high. I love great lines and Star Wars provides. many lines are well worth the second read, even more so when delivered as scathingly as "it looks like it's up to me to save our skins. Get into that garbage chute, flyboy! (120)."

Star Wars has to be the biggest anthology on one world ever. I get supper into series to the point I don't want to let go when I find a good one. This series has the content to back that up. Just recently I got my hands on a copy of Death Star. Building projects and politics, sounds boring but it is anything but. It highlights what could have easily been avoided when thinking of the Death Star.

Mind you I won't only be going on about Star Wars. I have other interest and a good few books on my shelf. I look foreword to showing you a glimpse into my thoughts and hope you will read along with me.

One last thing: Warning this blog is spoilery as a caucus full of maggots!

Lucas, George. Star Wars. New York: Ballantine, 1993. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment